I know... it's raining... you're bored. So write a short story for me.
When you encourage your child to write short stories, you're solving a major family crisis ... "MOM!!! We have nothing to do!!!"
Your kids are stuck in the house and restless. Will it be a tablet or the TV today? No... too easy. How about a friendly board game... in your dreams.
Instead, divert that energy toward something fun, creative and uniquely engaging. Writing short stories.
I hope to show you how kids can use the computer as something more than an expensive toy. My young readers have submitted hundreds of interesting tall tales.
I have taken care to limit placing advertizer space on pages reserved for parents. Earlier kids stories may have some ads while newer ones hopefully do not. Of vital importance for safe browsing via your desktop computer, for this site or any others, is something called AdChoices. If you haven't adjusted your Google profile to reflect your browsing, with your child's eyes in mind, do so ASAP! Please study it later.
I promote writing as a technique that can develop a child's skills, interests and good behaviour. The kids use this as a social network as well, since they can exchange comments about their creativity and imagination.
While promoting positive activities, we can, hopefully, diffuse the many negative influences affecting our children everyday. Above all, be sure to make some quality time for your child.
So, as you read on, consider this a layperson's opinion on some aspects of parenting.
Perhaps you would rather Search the Site to find something of interest.
Whatever the case may be, there should be something here to amuse or intrigue you.
to my family-friendly site
- a safe play area for kids
- challenging quizzes and brain teasers
- help for aspiring authors
- stories to read and hear
- a parenting search engine
- valuable references to parenting and educational sites
- my personal observations and ramblings
- and lots of common sense suggestions
Be sure to visit the SiteMap
to discover all that my site has to offer.
- Bratty tweens driving you crazy?
- Finally, a site that makes it fun and easy to challenge your children, raise happier kids and deal with bratty tweens
- Find Short Stories and more from this page
- Use this page to find any submissions or suggestions on the whole site.
- Assessing kids may mean looking at yourself first
- When assessing kids and their behaviour, good or bad, we often look too much at the children and not enough at the parents. These tips will give young parents ways to take a step back.
- Probe learning styles and literacy types
- When we probe learning techniques and types of literacy we put ourselves in a better position to determine the best ways to balance a child's experience.
- Get writing essentials in order before pen hits paper
- Identifying and planning writing essentials will help any new composition, essay or story undertaking.
- Build an alternate income stream for the future
- Identifying a reliable, alternate income for retirement can be daunting. My search led me to a safe, way to use the Internet to generate funds for my senior years.
- The sitemap helps you get the most out of the site.
- The sitemap is the best way to wander through my site, affectionately entitled Let's Get Kids Writing, and extract the most pertinent information out of it.
- Find your parenting answers in one place
- Parents can use this unique search engine to get all of the parenting answers they will ever need and more.
- Writing tips for childrens short stories
- Simplified free writing tips for parents and children to help with writing
- Elements of short stories
- Simplifying for children the basic elements needed in writing
- Story writing promotes literacy in children
- Reading will ultimately promote good literacy in children. Writing a story will naturally encourage research and more reading.
- Kids can improve learning skills through writing
- Discusses why children can be learning more by writing than by simply reading.
- Parents want Education Alternatives
- Analyzing education alternatives is essential to understanding how, where and when our children will get their knowledge foundation in the future.
- The meaning behind some short stories
- The meaning behind literary works can take on many forms. Finding the alternate paths a child took to construct a story is enlightening.
- Articles I write for moms and dads
- Lists articles that help parents overcome everyday issues and negative influences on their kids
- Why care about a child's short story?
- Why care about a child's short story? Because I've seen the connection kids make to a mentor and writing is something parents and children can do together.
- World news that may affect kids
- Our one-stop advisories on world news let you catch up on what is happening in areas that could affect those most important in your life.
- Play here just for fun. Answer surveys, and try some games.
- Play time for everyone, young and old. Isn't that what we all want and need?
- Try a bedtime tale that reads to you
- This innovative story telling feature will bring your child hours of pleasure whether at bedtime, in the car or just huddled by the fire with mom and dad. Explore the possibilities.
- Rainy Day Activities
- Children may write because they want something to do when they're stuck indoors.
- Keyboarding can be great fun.
- Learn the basics before keyboarding your thoughts
- My library directs you to children's short stories
- Visit my library to find a child's short story or to submit one online. Here we also provide access to scary, true, funny and other stories. Happy reading!
- Funny Short Stories Rock!
- Almost tougher than scary, funny creations deal more with timing and what is unsaid than any other form.
- Scary Short Stories to curl your hair
- Once you've mastered how to write, the scary tale will test your metal and entice your readers
- True short stories are rarely what they seem
- Truth for children can often be anything but. Not lies really, just not entirely true. This collection helps parents to discover why it was true for the child.
- Submit your child's work
- Submit your child's masterpiece to my site the fast and easy way. They will feel a real sense of accomplishment when it's online soon after (proofing time permitting).
- Links to related Internet resources
- Here you'll find links to several Internet friends and resources associated with ideas for parents, for children and about writing
- Short Stories Blog
- The Short Stories Blog keeps you up-to-date with additions and changes to the short-stories-help-children.com web site. Many helpful tips for parents as well. Subscribe here.
- Contribute to Short Stories
- Would you like to share your knowledge about short stories? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.
Copyright © 2006 Short-Stories-Help-Children.com and contributors.