I know... it's raining... you're bored. Write some short stories for me.
When you encourage your child to write short stories, you're solving a major family crisis ... "MOM!!! We have nothing to do!!!"
Your kids are stuck in the house and restless. Will it be the TV today? No... too easy. A board game, good luck... you'll be picking up the pieces in more ways than one.
Instead, divert that energy toward something fun, creative and uniquely engaging. Writing short stories.
I want to show you how kids can use the computer as something more than an expensive toy. My young readers have submitted hundreds of short stories and these days I can barely keep up with them.
I promote writing as a technique that can develop a child's skills, interests and good behaviour. The kids use this as a social network of sorts and exchange comments about their creativity and imagination.
While promoting positive activities, we can, hopefully, diffuse the many negative influences affecting our children everyday. Above all, ensure that you make some quality time for your child.
So, as you read on, also consider this a layperson's guide to parenting.
Perhaps you would rather Search the Site to find something of interest.
Whatever the case may be, there should be something here to amuse or intrigue you.
to my family-friendly site
- a safe play area for kids
- challenging quizzes and brain teasers
- help for aspiring authors
- stories to read and hear
- a parenting search engine
- valuable references to parenting and educational sites
- my personal observations and ramblings
- and lots of common sense advice
Be sure to visit the SiteMap
to discover all that my site has to offer.
When your child gets interested in their own short-stories, they take on a whole new set of challenges, like: Making a plan, interviewing and asking opinions, thinking of themes, organizing small tasks and much more. Writing demands many more skills than merely reading.
Wouldn't you love to see your young ones involved in something that can improve their thinking, learning and even social skills? Something they can truly be proud of?
Yes! Then explore
with me and get to know your kids all over again.
- Bratty tweens driving you crazy?
- Finally a site that makes it fun and easy to learn about parenting, raising happier kids and dealing with bratty tweens
- Find Short Stories and more from this page
- Use this page to find any short stories or even parenting information on the whole site.
- Assessing kids may mean looking at yourself first
- When assessing kids and their behaviour, good or bad, we often look too much at the children and not enough at the parents. These tips will give young parents ways to take a step back.
- Probe learning styles and literacy types
- When we probe learning techniques and types of literacy we put ourselves in a better position to determine the best ways to balance a child's experience.
- Get writing essentials in order before pen hits paper
- Identifying and planning writing essentials will help any new composition, essay or story undertaking.
- Build an alternate income stream for the future
- Identifying a reliable, alternate income for retirement can be daunting. My search led me to a safe, guaranteed way to use the Internet to generate funds that would continue on into my senior years.
- The sitemap helps you get the most out of Let's get kids writing
- The sitemap is the best way to wander through short-stories-help-children.com, affectionally titled Let's get kids writing, and extract the most pertinent information out of it.
- Find your parenting answers in one place
- Parents can use this unique search engine to get all of the parenting answers they will ever need and more.
- Writing tips for childrens short stories
- Simplified free writing tips for parents and children to help with writing short stories
- Elements of short stories
- Simplifying for children the basic elements needed in writing short stories
- Story writing promotes literacy in children
- Reading will ultimately promote good literacy in children. Writing short stories will naturally encourage research and more reading.
- Kids can improve learning skills through writing
- Discusses why children can be learning more by writing short stories than by simply reading them.
- Parents want Education Alternatives
- Analyzing education alternatives is essential to understanding how, where and when our children will get their knowledge foundation in the future.
- The meaning behind some short stories
- The meaning behind short stories can take on many forms. Finding the alternate paths a child took to construct a story is enlightening.
- Articles I write for parents
- Lists articles that help parents overcome everyday issues and negative influences on their kids
- Why care about a child's short story?
- Why care about a child's short story? Because I've seen the connection kids make to a mentor, and writing is something parents and children can do together.
- Advisories on parenting and news affecting kids
- Our one-stop advisories on education, kids and family let you catch up on what is happening in areas that could affect those most important in your life.
- Play here just for fun. Answer surveys, and try some games.
- Play time for everyone, young and old. Isn't that what we all want and need?
- Try a bedtime tale that reads to you
- This innovative story telling feature will bring your child hours of pleasure whether at bedtime, in the car or just huddled by the fire with mom and dad. Explore the possibilities.
- Rainy Day Activities
- Children may create short stories because they crave rainy day activities.
- Keyboarding short stories can be great fun.
- Learn the basics before keyboarding your short stories
- My library directs you to children's short stories
- Visit my library to find a child's short story or to submit one online. Here we also provide access to scary, true, funny and more stories. Happy reading!
- Funny Short Stories Rock!
- Almost tougher than scary, funny short stories deal more with timing and what is unsaid than any other form.
- Scary Short Stories to curl your hair
- Once you've mastered writing short stories, the scary tale will test your metal and entice your readers
- True short stories are rarely what they seem
- Truth for children can often be anything but. Not lies really, just not entirely true. Short stories help parents to discover why it was true for the child.
- Submit your child's short stories
- Submit your child's short stories to our site the fast and easy way. They will feel a real sense of accomplishment when it's online soon after.
- Links to related Internet resources
- Here you'll find links to several Internet friends and resources associated with parenting, children and writing short stories
- Short Stories Blog
- The Short Stories Blog keeps you up-to-date with additions and changes to the short-stories-help-children.com web site. Many helpful tips for parents as well. Subscribe here.
- Contribute to Short Stories
- Would you like to share your knowledge about short stories? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.